✖️ BACK PAIN RELIEF✖️.
The 45 degree back extension is a great accessory exercise to build strength and endurance in the posterior chain:
🔹 Glutes, Hamstrings 🔹 Erector Spinae, QL
However, many people will experience lower back discomfort during this exercise due to hyperextending.
👉 Reps 1 - 3.
Hyperextending or arching at the top of the Jams up the “facet” joints of the spine and over time can cause pain and/or irritation in the lower back🔥.
Reps 4 - 6 show a much more proficient technique, that results in much greater gluteal and hamstring involvement and significantly less lower back contribution ✅
Here are some simple cues.....
• Turn the feet out 20 - 30 degrees for ⬆️ Glute Med recruitment.
• Tuck the chin to the chest and round the upper back.
• Maintain this rounded position throughout the movement.
• Initiate the concentric phase by driving the heels hard into the platform.
• Drive your hips hard into the bench, squeezing the assssss 🍑🍑.
Throw this in at the end of your Workout for 2 - 3 sets of 15 - 20 reps and enjoy the pump 👊.
#backpain #backpainrelief #osteopathy #movement #rehab #mobility #stability #performance #assessment #exerciserehab #strengthtraining #williamslanding