SAFFRON RICE 🍲😋
Here’s another great rice recipe when plain basmati rice just won’t do. The saffon adds such a lovely, bright golden color to the rice, in contrast with the crimson saffron threads dispersed throughout. Saffron rice has a delicate, floral aroma that you can’t duplicate with any other spice
Recipe below 📝👇🏻
🔸2 cups basmati rice soaked for 15 minutes and drained for 15.
🔸2 cups peas
🔸1.5 cups thick coconut milk
🔸1 tablespoon melted almond butter
🔸4 cardamom pods; husked
🔸2 one inch cinnamon pieces
🔸1 bay leaf
🔸1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste.
🔸1 stalk lemon grass; gently crushed
🔸2 generous pinches of saffron; soaked in a tablespoon of warm water for 20 minutes
🔸Salt to taste
🔸Few Almonds and pistachios
Saffron Rice Recipe Using Rice Cooker
1. Heat almond butter in a small frying pan and fry pistachios and raisins. Drain and keep them aside until ready to use.
2. Into the same hot almond butter, add the cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and bay leaf and fry for a few seconds till aromatic.
3. Add the washed and drained rice, peas, lemon grass and ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Transfer the above mix to the rice cooker and add the coconut milk, 2.5 cups water, soaked saffron (along with the water) and salt.
5. Start the rice cooker in the white rice mode.
6. Once the rice cooked, fluff the rice gently with a fork. Transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Top will almonds and pistachios. Enjoy!🍲
#foodyhanoi #foodaholic #foods4thought
#foodislove #healthyvegan #happyvegan #veganuary #vegana #veganos #veganismo #letscookvegan #vegancooking #nutritioncoach #holisticnutrition #eeeeats #wholefoodplantbased #chefstable #feedfeedvegan #igfoodie #ricebowl #indianfoodbloggers #southindianfood #friedrice #saffron #veganhealth #healthybodyhealthymind #instavegan #veganofig #vegansofinsta #veganfoodspot